The Position Summary
Title: Business Director – Regional role: South East Asia
Location: Singapore with regular international travel
Reports to: Managing Director, Freddy Chanut
Works with: High calibre, switched on clients (mostly med/large businesses)
Key objectives: Develop, structure and support the development of the business in SEA
Remuneration: On-par with industry standard. Includes sales commission and equity opportunity
We are a marketing optimisation agency. Our motto: Traffic is nice. Revenue is better.
We do Analytics, Data Science, Conversion Optimization (CRO) and SEO
We love to take on the fight along with challenger brands. We have the most fun doing it in competitive environments such as finance, education, jobs, insurance, automotive, etc….
We strive on being an extension of our client’s team and providing tailor-made, return focused work.
We are picky about the client we bring on-board and very protective of our reputation. We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them GSD. This stops us from taking on board demoralising projects and having us hating our jobs and our projects.
We are a bootstrapped company founded in 2010, which grew exponentially in the last year. We think the current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that where you come in.
Career progression is based on your ability to deliver and drive the team, not your ability to play politics or by the cut of your suit. (in fact, we have a no suit policy)
With over 100% Year On Year growth for 3 years in a row, The In Marketing We Trust team is consolidating its successsful business to the SEA region. As part of the 2016 expansion plan, we are looking to appoint an SEA business manager from its base in Singapore.
The job description
In Marketing We Trust is seeking an experienced business manager. The role is geared for a sales and marketing professional with demonstrated success in developing, growing and managing a digital advertising business.
As the majority of our clients are within the online travel industry and/or the B2C ecommerce, experience in these sectors is highly desirable.
- Meet agreed revenue targets in seleted markets by owning the sales process from prospect to close and delivery of project with the accounts team
- Create persuasive pitch and custom designed solutions that demonstrate the value of In Marketing We Trust
- Work closely with the in house Account Management team to ensure the optimization and optimum delivery of projects.
- Influence the creation of new products and process to match specific requirements of SEA markets.
- Help select, mentor and manage teams within the region as the role grows
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial spirit looking to take charge of a startup like project supported by a dynamic team looking to make marketing less spammy and more effective.
A Strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work across multiple teams and disciplines to develop product and services delivering real results for our clients.
Digital marketing experience
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience
- Strong understanding of analytics and inbound marketing.
- Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills
- Team player mentality with the ability to partner with internal and external partners
- Management experience highly regarded
- 5+ years of sales experience with history of growing new markets
- Experience obtaining analytics and digital marketing budgets in excess of $10,000 per month
- Strategic selling techniques to reach and get buy-in from senior management
- Presentation and public speaking experience
- Experience within the Singaporean and HKG markets with existing contact are a pre-requisite for the role.
- Experience in other markets such as Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand highly regarded
- Traveling within the region is required (2-3 times per quarter min.)
What You Bring To The Table
- Entreprenarial spirit: exhibits strong self-starter, grit and self-management
- Experience: with 6+ years developing and selling complex inbound marketing and analytics solutions.
- Project management: easily lead manage multiple pitches and projects
- Sales extraordinaire: Exceptional writing and presentation creation skills.
- Local knowledge: Sales experience and marketing contacts (preferably travel or eCommerce) in SGP and HKG. Additional Asian language desirable.
Attributes and behaviours we love to see
- A can-do attitude
- Ownership of your work
- Creative in context
- Results orientated
- Collegiate and supportive
- A sense of humour
If this sounds just like you, then follow the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Application Process