The TL;DR Position Summary
Title: People operations specialist
Objective: Create a better, stronger team through recruitment, training and feedback.
Location: Wherever, opportunity to come and work in one of our hubs (Syd, Melb, London, SGP)
Reports to: Managing Director, Freddy Chanut
Key objectives: setup and organise systems to recruit, train and motivate team members.
Favourite approach: Connected systems to better evaluate and improve individual and team performance
Experience required: HR/ops background
Salary: on par with industry standards
Duration: ongoing, part time as a freelance/contractor
(several folks in the team have the same setup. These folks have been with us for 4+ years)
Our team champions the employee experience from the moment of initial contact, building and implementing programs that improve our clients business and thier bottom.
We are a Digital Marketing Optimisation Agency specialised in the travel industry. Our motto: Traffic is nice. Revenue is better.
We improve our clients marketing performance by:
- getting an idea of what’s happening via Analytics and Data Science ,
- we improve their sales using CRO techniques
- we get more people on the site using SEO and content marketing, that goes without say…
We are picky about the clients we bring on-board. We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them Get Stuff Done. This stops us from taking on board demoralising projects and having us hating our jobs and our clients.
The current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that where you come in.
Career progression is based on your ability to deliver and drive ideas and difference for both client and the company, not your ability to play politics or by the cut of your suit. (in fact, we have a no suit policy).
We’ve got some pretty cool digs and office vibes 78 meters from the the sand and the sea in Manly, Sydney’s iconic beach. So get to work with like-minded people, challenge and be challenged, have a laugh, solve problems and surf at lunch time.
The Job Description
Due to our company’s growth (+100% every year for the last 4 years), we are on the hunt for a people operations specialist to setup and execute resources program that enable the business to quick grow and adjust to relevant business conditions and company expansion
The job is 2 parts Biz as usual and Scaling up projects
Biz as usual
- We hire digital nomads around the world
- Company culture fit is critical for a remote business
- We are looking to grow big time in South East Asia
- Follow up
- Ensure onboarding is the most effective to improve chances of success
- Follow up with training and performance
- Ensure folks get the right feedback, on time and improve performance according to it
- Ensure folks set and hit ambitious goals driving them and the company forward
- Track their time and help plan for future needs.
Key “Scaling up” projects
- Improve Recruitment processes (we recruit remote digital nomads)
- Review/Improve onboarding process – the more efficient our onboarding process is
- Upgrade KPIs and feedback solutions – OKR + 360 feedback + 1 on 1 feedback)
- Resources management & control
- Update/upgrade team policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Refine training programs based on experience
- Flesh out work + travel 2 years program
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years experience in a People organisation with exposure to HR & Recruiting programs
- Ability to be discreet and keep information confidential
- Solid attention to detail, follow-through, resourcefulness, and being able to prioritize tasks
- Great organisational and time-management skills
- Must be able to worked unsupervised, be dependable and own the job
- Previous exposure to crafting processes from scratch or defining new ones
- Ability to work in a geek-friendly environment
Very big plus for Experience with :
- Experience implementing/integrating HR systems (Bamboo, Google Sheets, Small Improvements, Teamworks)
- Experience at a dynamic, rapidly growing technology company
If this sounds just like you, then follow the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Application Process
- Fill up the form. Submission is generally reviewed within 3-5 working days
- Do some short tests, live case scenarios giving you an opportunity to see exactly what we do and how we do it
- Interview with Managing Director
- Offer and Contract drafted, review signed, Happy dance ensue
Now, here is step 1, time to tell us a bit about yourself.